Dr. Roger Achkar
Roger holds a Doctorate in Social Science from the University of Leicester in the UK, an MBA from Cranfield University in the UK, a Masters in Systems Management and Engineering from CentraleSupelec University in France, and a Masters in Electromechanical Engineering from Saint Joseph University in Lebanon.
He held many senior and managerial positions at multinational and regional organizations in the MENA region, and forged a track record of success across multiple industries such as Power Generation, District Energy and Cooling, and E-Business and Marketing Consulting.
In his role as Director General and Dean of Research at GWCN, Roger contributes to the strategy of the network, coordinates partnerships with large NGOs and Universities, ensures that the organization maintains high social responsibility, provides guidance across academic and research programs of the associated Environmental Network Research Center, approves commitment of funds, leads sustainability and energy related programs and conferences, and supervises technology-based operations and AI modelling projects
Roger is an international award winning author. He is also passionate about traveling, world history and classical music.
Latest News and Appearances
- Speaker at the the European Economic and Social Committee’s hearing “THE OCEANS AND THEIR FUTURE – International Ocean Governance in need of a multidisciplinary approach” 2022
- Speaker at the 'Plastic in Circular Economy: Production – Processing – Secondary Usage' Conference in Kazakhstan
- Speaker at the 'Addressing Sustainable Development Goals' Conference by Mapua University in the Philippines
- Interview at Radio Liban Libre, Al Nashra el elmiya program
- Interview at OTV, Noqta Fasle program
- Panelist at the 'Middle East Clean Energy 2022' Conference in Lebanon
- Featured under 'Success Stories' at the site of L'Université Saint-Joseph de Beyrouth (USJ)
- Own Article titled 'Les réglementations environnementales internationales … socle de durabilité du développement mondial' in Africa Green Magazine
- Interview Article titled 'Serving African Communities through Environmental Research' in the African Report Files
- Featured under 'Alumni through the Ages' on the site of the University of Leicester
- Panelist at the 1st Investment Fair Energy in Mali (SIEMA 2023)
- Keynote Speaker of the Award Ceremony of the VISION 2050 Challenge in Peru
- Awarded the Highly Commended Certificate, Dr Mark Sims Memorial for Public Service Award 2023
- Panel Moderator at LISW (Lebanon International Solar Week 2023)
- Speaker at the Global Tech Summit 2023 (Toronto, Canada)